The key focus of the master program represents three core concepts - strategic management, research and management in the fields of sports, culture, and event management, and the future-orientated focus of optional academic study modules. Students are able to choose two courses out of the optional modules in sports, culture, event or management to deepen their knowledge. Courses on the topics of digitalization, sustainability or international politics emphasize the international character of the study program.
Comprehensive Social Leadership Preparation
Social skills training is another component of the program. Particular emphasis is placed on leadership training, especially in an intercultural context. The study trip encourages the subject skills as well as the social and intercultural competence of our graduates. Because of the tight connection between theory and practical subject application, the program complies with the special qualification requirements of various career fields in international sports, culture, and event management.Vocational fields
- Sports Management: sports marketing & communication agencies, sports federations, and sports event organizing committees
- Cultural Management: cultural institutions such as museums, theaters, opera and concert halls, festivals, music and film industry, and the wider creative industries
Event Management: event agencies, event and conference centers, recreational centers, corporate marketing, sponsoring, and event departments
- International program in sports, culture, and event management
- Entirely taught in English by lecturers from all over the world
- Integrated study trip
- Unique interdisciplinary approach to mastering the elements and structural provisions involved in the management of sports, culture, and event businesses
Major fields of study:
- 13 % Basics Sports, Culture & Event Management
- 20 % Specific expertise in sports, culture & event management
- 17 % in-depth electives & scope for specialization
- 14 % Leadership & Social Skills (incl. study trip)
- 36 % Practical transfer & Master thesis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a Bachelor or Diploma program (at a university or a university of applied sciences) relevant to the degree program or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Practical work experience
- Good English skills: Applicants, for whom English is not their first language, need to submit evidence that their English language proficiency meets the degree requirements (i.e. CEFR level B2) before the first day of the semester.
The University accepts the following internationally recognized English language certificates as evidence of applicants’ competence in the English language:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- TOEFL Internet-based Test
- Cambridge English exams
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
The scores achieved by applicants on any of the above-mentioned tests must demonstrate that they have reached the CEFR level B2.
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
€ 363.36 + € 20.70 student union fee per semester for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens
- € 4,900 + € 20.70 student union fee per semester for citizens of third countries
Living costs for Kufstein
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.