The Germanic and Slavic Studies program of University of Victoria, British Columbia engages students to analyze, synthesize, and ultimately present important components of Germanic, Slavic, and Holocaust studies, including cultural studies, literary and film studies, as well as applied linguistics.
The students benefit from:
- seminar-sized classes
- a newly-designed set of foundation courses
- a dual focus on academic and professionalization skills in the discipline
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Disciplines of Germanic and Slavic Studies
- Theory and Practice
- Teaching in the Disciplines of Germanic and Slavic Studies
- Advanced German Language Study
- Special Topics Field School
- Studies in Film
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Modern History View 11 other Masters in Modern History in Canada
- An application form
- Official transcripts
- An updated CV
- A short Statement of Intent (1-2 pages stating the research area you wish to focus on)
- English language proficiency (international students)
International4974 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2487 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National3944 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1972 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- $1,972 (domestic)
- $2,487 (international)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.