Biomedical Engineering is an exciting and growing field which resides at the interfaces between engineering, biology and medicine. The broad goal of biomedical engineering is to solve human health problems through advances in diagnosis, treatment and/or prevention of human disease.
The MSc Biomedical Engineering programme at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology draws its curricula from eight different departments and provides individually tailored training in one of five subdivisions (tracks) within biomedical engineering:
– Medical Physics
– Molecular Bioengineering
The semester project gives students hands-on research experience in their chosen specialization. The project is supervised by a professor who is associated with one of the four participating departments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Signal Analysis, Modeling, and Machine Learning
- Biocompatible Materials
- Biomedical Imaging
- Biomedical Engineering
- Bioelectronics and Biosensors
- Microsystems I: Process Technology and Integration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 13 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Depending on the chosen track, the Master's Programme in Biomedical Engineering welcomes applications from students holding a Bachelor's degree in such various fields as engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, biology, chemistry, medicine or health sciences and technology from an internationally recognized university.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.