Clearly, given the critical role of energy, the driving imperatives in any economy are ensuring security of supply, maintaining competitiveness and overseeing the transition to a low-carbon future.
Key requirements in this respect are the strategic management of supply and improving its overall generation and distribution. Impacting on these challenging goals will be a variety of factors, including advances in renewables, e-mobility and green technologies, to name only a few.
Managing this changing environment is no easy task. That will require intelligent IT solutions and therefore well-educated IT experts able to design and/or operate future smart grids, smart city infrastructures and enhanced energy supply systems.
Energy Informatics at University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria is the application of information technologies to this highly demanding field and the focus of this English-taught Master's degree programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Energy Markets and Energy Law
- Processes and Process Modelling
- Energy Generation, Distribution and Storage
- Energy Consumers
- Communication Technology
- Smart Grid Field Components
- IT Security
- Software Systems
- Home and Building Automation
- Cloud Computing / Big Data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Informatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For a Master's programmes an interview is to be completed and possibly a case study or a letter of motivation is required: The ranking criteria for the award of study places in the Master's degree programmes is based on the personal interview, academic qualifications, professional experience, and possibly a case-study.
- The use and the weighting of the components of these parameters may vary depending on the degree programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.