Political Studies MA program at University of Saskatchewan - Program Details
The Thesis program at University of Saskatchewan includes a four course requirement and a 75-page thesis. The Project based program requires 6 courses and a major research paper.
In comparison to Political Studies graduate programs at other Canadian universities, this one is relatively small. Only 10-12 new graduate students are admitted each year. As a result, more time and attention is given to student concerns, especially to the planning of each student's course of study. Greater coordination is achieved among faculty in order to provide the desired courses and there is closer contact between students and faculty both in course and thesis work.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design and Methods in Political Studies
- Theoretical Readings in Contemporary Political Studies
- Theories of Canadian Governance and Politics
- Canadian Government and Politics
- Canadian Constitution and Politics
- Theories of Public Policy and Administration
- Political Thought
- Theories in Comparative Government and Politics
- Theories of International Relations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Public Policy Political Science View 34 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6730 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4260 CAD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Saskatoon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.