The Thesis program at University of Saskatchewan includes a four course requirement and a 75-page thesis. The Project based program requires 6 courses and a major research paper.
In comparison to Political Studies graduate programs at other Canadian universities, this one is relatively small. Only 10-12 new graduate students are admitted each year. As a result, more time and attention is given to student concerns, especially to the planning of each student's course of study. Greater coordination is achieved among faculty in order to provide the desired courses and there is closer contact between students and faculty both in course and thesis work.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Design and Methods in Political Studies
- Theoretical Readings in Contemporary Political Studies
- Theories of Canadian Governance and Politics
- Canadian Government and Politics
- Canadian Constitution and Politics
- Theories of Public Policy and Administration
- Political Thought
- Theories in Comparative Government and Politics
- Theories of International Relations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 42 other Masters in Political Science in Canada
- Language Proficiency Requirements: Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants and for applicants whose first language is not English.
- a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (U of S grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units)
- a four-year honours degree, or equivalent, from a recognized college or university in an academic discipline relevant to the proposed field of study
International6730 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6730 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4260 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4260 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.