The Master’s Programme in Information Networks from Aalto University provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the interaction between human beings and digital technologies on an individual, group, organizational and societal level. This is done by teaching social sciences, philosophy, design, management and software engineering.
The Information Networks programme applies problem-based learning and collaborative group work, often conducted in real-life projects with companies and other organisations. This helps the students to establish contacts and professional networks already during their studies. Companies involved in these projects are global knowledge intensive companies, such as ICT companies, design and software consulting companies, other service or governmental organizations, and also start-up firms.
Typical roles or areas of expertise after graduation include service and UX designer, management consultant, academic researcher, teacher, product manager, IT-system architect, entrepreneur, media or social media creator, or a game developer.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human-computer Interaction
- Software Engineering
- Enterprise Systems Architecture
- Software Design and Modeling
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Architectures
- ICT Enabled Service Business and Innovation
- Seminar on Enterprise Information Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 48 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Master’s Programme in Information Networks is responsible for the academic assessment of the applications. Enrolment is limited to the maximum quota and the evaluation process is highly competitive.
- Concurrently, the programme has no minimum quota to be fulfilled. Thus, only the highest ranked, the programme-specific admission requirements best fulfilling applicants will be admitted.
The academic assessment bases on the following criteria:
- Content of the previous degree(s)
- Previous academic performance (grades)
- Motivation and dedication to the programme
- Language proficiency
- Recognition of the home university
- Relevant work experience or other relevant activity
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.