Overview of the MSc in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and Design offered by Brunel University London
The results of unsustainable human development in the 21st century are evident as climate change, species extinction, pollution, poverty and inequality become inescapable global realities. The next big challenge for society is to transform our economy to incorporate the principles of sustainability. This presents an exciting opportunity to rethink, redesign and rebuild a positive future for business practice.
The global market for environmental products and services is projected to double from USD 1,370 billion per year to USD 2,740 billion by 2020. Half of this market is in energy efficiency and the balance in sustainable transport, water supply, sanitation and waste management. 2.3 million people have in recent years found new jobs in the renewable energy sector alone. Employment in alternative energies may rise to 2.1 million in wind and 6.3 million in solar power by 2030.
Careers and your future
After completing the course you’ll be equipped with the skills to join the huge shift globally towards creating a sustainable society. You may wish to:
- Start your own green businesses as an entrepreneur and/or designer/innovator.
- Become a change-maker and leader in an existing business moving towards sustainability.
- Join a corporate institution or public bodies (e.g. local and regional government, NGOs) as a senior sustainability and environmental coordinator/manager.
- Become an adviser on sustainable business and policy, sustainable new product development and investment/funding within existing companies, or as a consultant in new business ventures. The latter will include new 'green' product and service enterprises and sustainability service providers
If you choose the six-month Professional Development option you’ll benefit from a programme that includes mentorship from leading entrepreneurs, business leaders, inventors and academics. You’ll receive intensive corporate experience and exposure to business start-up opportunities. This will widen your network and broaden your experience, providing you with ideas and contacts for starting up your own business or simply for starting out in the sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Sustainable Development
- Business Planning
- International Business Ethics, Sustainability and Corporate Governance
- Sustainable Design
- Professional Design Studio
- Sustainable Development in Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Entrepreneurship Sustainable Development View 205 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in design, science (e.g. Environmental and Social Sciences Engineering), Management, Business Studies or a related subject.
- Applicants with other qualifications will be considered if these are supported by a science A-level (or equivalent) and relevant work experience
International17875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17875 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8485 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8485 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
£1,385 placement year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.