The programme offers you the choice between an application-oriented and a generic methodological approach, with many of the courses enjoying close links to the top-level industrial research of the programme’s lecturers. This ongoing link with the world of industry offers you an advanced, up-to-date content, leading to cutting edge research and development that has resulted in spin-off companies and innovation-driven entrepreneurship.Strengths:
- The department has a large experimental research laboratory with advanced equipment, to which you will have access. FabLab (a "Fabrication Laboratory") is also directly accessible.
- The department has built up an extensive network of companies which have already recruited a large number of our alumni over many years and from whom we receive invaluable, informal feedback on the programme.
- In addition to their academic teaching and research assignments, several members of the teaching staff also have other responsibilities in advisory boards, in external companies, science & technology committees, etc. and they share that expertise with students.
- Students are also encouraged to participate in an industrial and research internship abroad.
The field of mechanical engineering is very wide. Mechanical engineers find employment in many industrial sectors thanks to our broad training programme. Demand for this engineering degree in the labour market is strong and consistent.
A study by the Royal Flemish Engineers Association identifies the key sectors in which graduated mechanical engineers are employed:
- mechanical engineering
- off-shore and maritime engineering
- automation industry
- electrical industry
- chemical industry
- environmental engineering
- the energy sector
- the financial, banking and insurance sector
- the communications sector
- the transportation sector
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numerical Modelling in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Theory of Elasticity and Plasticity
- Integrated Project
- Sensors and Measurements Systems
- Control Theory
- Systems and Control Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 16 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Most recent information on the programme website: kuleuven.be/ma/MMEEL
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 947 EUR per year during 24 months.
Most recent information on www.kuleuven.be/tuitionfees
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.