UC recognises how important it is that you are able to continue with your studies while your travel plans are temporarily put on hold due to COVID-19. For this reason, we have developed a carefully selected range of online units for our most popular degree courses, enabling you to commence your study online before transitioning to face-to-face study once travel restrictions are lifted.
Please refer to our website for detailed info regarding availability/conditions etc
Engaging and flexible, the course can be taken either full-time or part-time, and tailored to meet your individual professional needs, with your study culminating in the presentation of a substantial piece of scholarship.
You will be required to offer an evidence-based analysis on a topic relevant to your field of practice which you will then present as part of a group-based capstone unit. Upon graduation, you will be well-positioned for additional postgraduate education study, career progression within your own workplace, or ready to succeed in a new role as a senior education professional.
Study a Master of Education at University of Canberra and you will:
- understand the contemporary developments that have an impact across a variety of professional practice fields in education
- examine the globalised character of educational theory, curriculum development, policy and practice
- develop the capacity to analyse and critique professional knowledge
- analyse how globalisation's interdependent economic, political, cultural and technological dimensions affect education
- review research perspectives and practices in the social sciences and humanities, with particular reference to education and communication.
- Deputy principal
- Head of department
- Executive teacher
- Year adviser
- Schools policy adviser
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Educating Globally
- Education Research Perspectives
- Contemporary Education Conference
- Reflection on Educational Practice
- Educational Leadership and Change
- Educating for Sustainable Worlds
- Engaging Communities in Change
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 17 other Masters in Pedagogy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A four-year undergraduate degree in education or a three-year undergraduate degree plus a one-year graduate diploma in education, and in either case a minimum of three years professional experience in an educational context; OR
- A three-year undergraduate degree in education or a cognate discipline deemed equivalent by the University Admissions Committee, and in either case a minimum of four years professional experience in an educational context.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.