The International Studies programme at City University of Hong Kong will provide advanced training for students seeking to upgrade their analytical capacity, research and data collection skills as well as their communication and presentation capacities.
In 2005 the US National Intelligence Council released a landmark report entitled Mapping the Global Future, in which it stated that ‘In the same way that commentators refer to the 1900s as the “American Century,” the 21st century may be seen as the time when Asia …comes into its own.’ It is essential, therefore, to equip students with the necessary skill sets to not only understand the dynamics of this rise but also the implications of it on their daily lives, the functionality of their societies and economies, the performance of their states and governments.
Without such an understanding students will be passive receptors of change and remain ill-equipped to maximise their potential in an ever-globalising workplace.
Students will acquire the ability:
- independently identify the forces shaping the interplay of Asian and international policies and programmes;
- generate innovative hypotheses to explain similarities, differences, patterns, and relationships across a range of critical issues;
- conduct theory-based analyses of regional and international issues across the fields of political economy, political science, security studies and international relations;
More informationVisit official programme website
- Asian Security
- International Political Economy
- The State and Economy in East Asia
- Theory in Asian and International Studies
- Disaster Management
- Research Design for the Social Sciences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Sociology View 13 other Masters in Sociology in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the General Entrance Requirements and
- have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized tertiary institution or an equivalent qualification.
- One or more years of working experience in a related field would be an advantage.
International928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National928 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 928 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- National and International: HK$7,200 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.