Master of Science in Finance (MSF) is one of the two master’s programs under the umbrella of the Department of Banking and Finance, Chulalongkorn Business School, Chulalongkorn University. The Finance program at Chulalongkorn University was established in October 1996 in response to rapid changes in both the domestic and international financial markets. Over the past ten years, the curriculum has been under constant revision to keep the MSF Program full of innovation, academic rigor, new challenges. Students admitted to the program will be provided with cutting-edge knowledge and facilities. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to work throughout the financial services fields, such as corporate treasury, banks, investment banks, and other financial institutions.
- Master of Science in Finance Program at Chulalongkorn Business School strives to produce graduates with high proficiency in areas of finance. Graduates from the Program will be well equipped with both academic theories and applications in various fields of finance.
Vision of the MSF Program:
- The Top Master of Science in Finance Program in the nation and widely recognized internationally
- The Master of Science in Finance Program offers graduates students the comprehensive finance education with blend of academic theories and applications. The Program offers the latest advanced knowledge in the field of finance under the fast growing and innovative financial and business world. The academic rigor coupled with high quality academic and applied research are to ensure the MSF graduates are capable of working or pursuing higher education, both domestically and internationally. The cutting-edge knowledge and skills, the comprehensive database, resources, and facilities offered by the Program equip MSF graduates with well- rounded learning experience both inside and outside the class. Upon completion of the Program, students will be able to work in the financial services fields, such as corporate treasury, commercial banks, investment banks, and other financial institutions in both domestic and multinational corporations.
- Based on the vision and mission, MSF sets the program goals and objectives as follows.
- 1) Disciplinary Knowledge: Students acquire a thorough comprehension of the key concepts in finance domestically and internationally, and are able to apply those concepts in practice.
- 2) Analytical Thinking: Students are able to analyze complex problems in finance, and produce a theoretically-sound, and practically-feasible solution.
- 3) Ethical Understanding: Students recognize the ethical issues that often arise in the practice of finance, and understand how to apply appropriate ethical principles.
- 4) Oral Communication: Students can verbally express their ideas, and relate their understanding of the theory and practice of finance through an effective, well-delivered oral presentation.
- 5) Written Communication: Students can compose a well-written, well-organized documents that demonstrate their acquired knowledge in finance.
- 6) Technological Literacy: Students know how to employ advanced quantitative tools to solve problems in finance.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Finance Theory
- Ethics in Finance
- Derivatives and Risk Management
- Fixed Income Securities
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Econometrics
- Market Microstructure
- Financial Programming
- Selected Topics in Risk Management
- Alternative and Innovation in Investment.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree of any major
- English test score minimum requirement (Test scores are valid for 2 years only after the test date)
- University Transcript (at all levels)
- Two letters of recommendations (at least one from academics)
International2642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1321 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National2642 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1321 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.