Make a new contribution to knowledge or evaluate existing material in a new light with an MPhil research project. Complete your project with the production of a research thesis.
Gain the skills to take on theoretical and practical approaches to problems and innovate with a broad range of potential applications. Develop yourself professionally within your chosen sector or apply your research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to new contexts.
Graduates of the Engineering and Related Technologies program from James Cook University are internationally recognised as experts who discover valuable new knowledge in their fields.
The skills you develop during your MPhil will enable you to develop yourself professionally within your existing sector, or to apply your research, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to new contexts. Graduates can also continue their independent research in a Doctor of Philosophy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and its application
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- Cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level
- Cognitive and technical skills to design, use and evaluate research and research methods
- Communication and technical skills to present a coherent and sustained argument and to disseminate research results to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 211 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 081370C
- To be eligible to apply for entry to a Research Masters degree an applicant must demonstrate the capacity to undertake research at the Research Masters level by the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree with either a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.5 in the final full time year of study, or with demonstrated research experience.
International40280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40280 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Townsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.