Normally, the student-supervisor relationship first develops at the time when the student is preparing to submit an application to the Psychology Graduate Program. Students are strongly encouraged to contact a potential faculty advisor and discuss research opportunities with them prior to submitting an application.
This Department at the McMaster University provides excellent opportunities for human and non-human animal research in a variety of experimental areas including: Animal Behaviour, Cognition & Perception, Behavioural & Systems Neuroscience, Developmental Psychology, Educational Psychology, and Social & Evolutionary Psychology. The Department also offers a Research and Clinical Training (RCT) specialty Ph.D. stream with the Psychology Graduate Program.
No special training is offered in the applied areas such as Human Factors, Personality Psychology, or Industrial Psychology, and applications in these fields are discouraged. Students are not usually required to complete a M.Sc. en route to the Ph.D., but they may do so if they wish. The general requirements for the Degree Doctor of Philosophy are described earlier in the calendar.
Areas of Research
- Animal Behaviour
- Cognition and Perception
- Developmental Psychology
- Evolution and Social Behaviour
- Systems and Behavioural Neuroscience
More informationVisit official programme website
- Special Topics in Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour
- Contemporary Problems in Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour
- Developmental Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Evolutionary Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 87 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
- Applicants for graduate study in Psychology normally must have received, from a recognized university, either a Master’s degree in Psychology, or an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with at least a B+ standing
- Occasional exceptions are made to the above requirements for students with a background in a related or relevant scientific discipline. For example, students with strong backgrounds in biology, neuroscience, computer science, chemistry or physics are encouraged to apply
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.