Statistics is the discipline that describes the construction of stochastic models that are suitable for analyzing data.
Due to the very nature of this discipline, it has found key applications in many different fields within Science, Engineering, Business and Medicine. In addition, the discipline also has many theoretical developments dealing with better and more efficient methods of analysis. This master degree in Statistics is offered by the McMaster University.
Areas of Research
- Medical Stastistics (Biostastics)
- Applied statistics
- Stastistical theory
- Applied Probability
More informationVisit official programme website
- Generalized Linear Models
- Intermediate Probability Theory
- Foundations of Statistics
- Special Topics ( Data Visualization)
- Data Science
- Directed Reading
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesStatistics View 35 other Masters in Statistics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application for admission.
- We require two confidential letters of recommendation from instructors most familiar with your academic work.
- Transcripts - upload your transcript(s) to your online application - we will only review applications that have transcripts attached to them. Students who accept an offer will need to provide official transcripts sent directly from the issuing institution (or a certified/notarized copy of it).
- Statement of interest - upload to your online application.
- TOEFL score - if English is not your native language, an official copy of your TOEFL or IELTS score
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.