There are several research laboratories, including separate rooms for organic synthesis/natural products chemistry, a cell culture facility, pharmacology labs and state of the art computer networks. All offices and research laboratories in the Health Sciences Centre are connected as a part of the MUNet, a high-speed network linking the campus with the world.
At Memorial University of Newfoundland, our program in Pharmacy offers the opportunity to conduct outstanding research projects and receive training in this broad range of fields, opening up career options in academia, industry, government, other health disciplines and much more. You'll have exposure to exceptional supervisors and mentors, and be in a rigorous learning environment with access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
Graduate students at the School of Pharmacy have the exciting opportunity to create new knowledge, advance the field of pharmacy, and directly contribute to improving health quality locally, nationally and internationally.
- Changes and challenges in health care economics and demographics bring a need for change in pharmacy professional practice. Research in the School of Pharmacy is focused on this situation.
- The provincial and national environment contains a rapidly aging population with increasing cost pressures on the health care system. A large landmass, settlement patterns, and harsh weather conditions pose challenges to health care delivery in rural and remote areas. This has implications for both patients and health professionals, and it is sometimes a challenge to meet the needs of all citizens.
- The changing, increasingly challenging model of pharmacy practice requires discovery of new practice models to ensure that pharmacy services are economically sustainable.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Graduate supervisors in Memorial’s School of Pharmacy are engaged in research in the following areas:
- Health Outcomes research assesses the end results of health care services, providing evidence for the value of specific medical treatmentes or interventions that can be used to make better decisions and improve health care.
- Drug Discovery and Delivery research encompasses all aspects of the delivery, development, administration, and use of therapeutic drugs, leading to better treatment options.
- The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning helps inform our understanding of student learning and enhances education for the pharmacists of tomorrow.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 147 other Masters in Public Health in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.