Teaching staff comprises of skilled and proficient professors from distinguished European and American universities and research institutions as well as professors of Chulalongkorn University and other reputable institutions.
Through this approach, the students will gain exposure to different countries and cultures by working together with professors and colleagues. Programmes are taught using a combination of lectures, seminars, case studies, on-site visits and analytical discussions. Elements of the courses include current affairs in the arts management, human resource management, finance and funding strategies, law, marketing for the arts, policy-making and education in the arts.
Field of Study:
- The MA in Cultural Management at Chulalongkorn University is divided into 3 fields of specialization:
- Cultural Management for Tourism: focuses on tourism philosophy, history and development of tourism, sustainable tourism, relevant law and ethics, comparative analysis of cases of various types of tourism, affecting culture at different levels, planning and marketing management for tourism.
- Performing Arts and Theatre Management: deals with development, organisation and management of performing arts, roles of performing arts in changing society, appreciation of the performing arts in various forms, with a Southeast Asian focus, systematic criticism, structure, marketing, financial support, audience trends as well as law related to intellectual property rights, employment and protection of artists' rights in the performing arts.
- Gallery and Museum Management: involves theories and principles of aesthetics, appreciation of visual arts, organisation and management of fine arts, craft and heritage organisation, legal issues, artist-gallery relationships and human resources issue.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evolution of Arts and Culture
- Seminar in Cultural Management
- Theory and Practices of cultural Management
- Communication and Marketing for Cultural Managemen
- Research Methodology for Cultural Management
- Culture Policy and Industry
- Law and Cultural Management
- Communicative Psychology
- Production Management
- Special Topics in Cultural Management
- Performing Arts Appreciation and Criticism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Area & Cultural Studies View 5 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Thailand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A completed application form
- A nomination letter from the home institution
- 2 letters of references in sealed and signed envelopes
- An official transcript of the academic records (to be issued by the institution being currently attended)
- An English proficiency score record (for non-native speakers of English)*
- A copy of the passport
International5432 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2716 USD per semester during 12 months.
Foreign Students only
- Tuition fees 85,200 baht per term
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.