The main objective of the Biomedical Engineering program from Carleton University is to enhance students’ abilities to solve problems in medicine and biology through the application of engineering principles using a combination of graduate coursework, directed and individual study, thesis research work and various forms of oral and written presentations. Learn more about Ottawa-Carleton Joint Institutes.
Career paths include opportunities in education; the public sector (e.g. health care policy), hospitals and regulatory agencies; or in the private sector working with medical device manufacturers, sports/fitness equipment manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, or in rehabilitation/ orthopaedic engineering. There are also opportunities in the non-profit sector.
At the PhD level, careers may be more research-focused, e.g. biomedical data analysis, novel medical devices research and design, and simulation and modeling of diseases and biological systems. Several students interact with clinicians, healthcare organizations, or industrial partners as part of their research project.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Biological Signals
- Advanced Topics in Medical Instrumentation
- Medical Image Processing
- Introduction to Medical Imaging Principles and Technology
- Applications in Biomedical Image Processing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Bioinformatics View 17 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Canada
- a four-year bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, computer science, or a related discipline, with an average of at least B+.
International15058 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15058 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National6590 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6590 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $6,590 – $8,388
- International: $15,058 – $21,448
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.