The Finance program from Curtin University provides specialised knowledge in financial derivative securities, financial modelling, international finance, international trade, mergers and acquisitions, economics, financial analysis and finance trading strategies.
You will study a range of specialist topics to suit your specific career goals, including investments, corporate finance, financial modelling and banking.
Note: This course differs from the Master of Commerce (Applied Finance), which is tailored towards graduates with minimal or no prior experience in finance and is six months longer in full-time duration.
Use real-world case studies and examples to apply your learning and problem-solving skills.
Our lecturers provide high-quality teaching and undertake applied research in areas such as behavioural finance, corporate finance, investments and uncertainty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn
- Apply finance principles, theory and practice to current issues and trends in relation to financial markets; and extend a knowledge base of finance principles through original research.
- Think creatively,critically and reflectively to generate innovative solutions to complex financial scenarios
- Access, evaluate and synthesise relevant information from a range of sources appropriate in financial scenarios; make valid judgements based on sound evidence; analyse case study material and journal articles
- Communicate effectively to clients, staff, professionals, management and industry within the ethical and professional framework of financial institutions; prepare written academic reports and prepare and deliver oral presentations to a professional standard
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 128 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 051627J
- A recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in the field of business, or a recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any field with relevant work experience.
- Applicants must also meet Curtin's English language proficiency requirements.
International30600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30600 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Perth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.