Actuaries and financial mathematicians apply mathematical models and numerical tools to practical applications, such as financial markets.
They gather statistical data on the financial decisions people make. This provides a critical insight for business and government, helping them to make more informed decisions - especially in uncertain economic climates.
On completion of this Actuarial and Financial Science course from Curtin University, your skills may be applied to insurance, pensions, healthcare, banking, business management and risk assessment. You may also play a role in determining company policy and explaining complex technical matters to company executives, government officials, shareholders, policyholders or the general public.
- The demand for actuarial graduates in Perth is currently very strong
- Graduates are actively assisted in gaining employment through our work experience program
- Our master-level program can be used by graduates from other disciplines as a pathway to becoming an accredited actuary.
Graduates generally find employment with insurance companies, investment and superannuation funds, banks, stockbrokers and government agencies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mathematics Masters Project
- Advanced Corporate Finance and Theory
- Investment Science
- Advanced Derivative Securities
- Stochastic Processes
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Actuarial Science View 126 other Masters in Finance in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 054627G
- To apply for a course at Curtin University, you will need to provide certified copies of your previous qualifications and English proficiency documents. Additional documentation may be required for particular courses or personal circumstances.
Certified copies of all your previous qualifications
- Academic transcripts
- Grading system descriptions
- Award certificates
International31500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31500 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National27300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27300 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.