We are the first university of applied sciences in the Netherlands offering an academic master’s programme. In this programme we look at Leisure and Tourism from the perspective of urban studies, policy and innovation management. You will work on three important research themes: Storytelling & Consumer Experience, Imagineering & Business Innovation and Place-making & Events.
Our leisure time is a vital resource that can be used for creative and physical activity, building relationships, forging identities and developing skills. The experiences that fill our leisure time are provided by an industry which accounts for 6% of the workforce in the Netherlands. The phenomena of Leisure and Tourism are increasing in complexity and require an integrated and multidisciplinary approach. Courses of this academic master’s programme build on knowledge and expertise from various fields such as sociology, psychology, economics, management and marketing.
After your master
Completion of the Master of Science Leisure and Tourism Studies at Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS) will offer you a range of career opportunities in leisure management, leisure policy, leisure research and leisure education.
After your graduation you are entitled to the degree of Master of Science.
- Leisure Management:
management of theme parks, sports centres, events, leisure venues, theatre management and marketing, tour operations
- Leisure Policy:
public policy advisor for local and national government, project development analyst, sports policymaker
- Leisure Research:
researcher in public and commercial research organisations and universities
- Leisure Education:
lecturer at universities of applied sciences and research universities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leisure, Creativity and Space
- Understanding Leisure Attractions and Events
- Imagineering as Strategic Design in Leisure and Tourism Organisations
- Experience Marketing
- Analysing Leisure Interactions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesTourism & Leisure View 8 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have successfully completed the Bachelor of Science Leisure Studies programme, BUas Pre-master Leisure and Tourism Studies (more information below), BUas pre-master’s programme Strategic Business Management and Marketing (SBM) or the Bachelor of Science Tourism programme, you will have direct access to the academic master’s programme.
- For admission to this academic master programme an academic bachelor’s degree is required. In case you do not have a bachelor’s degree obtained in the Netherlands, our Admissions officer will evaluate if your bachelor’s degree can be considered a professional or an academic bachelor degree, compared to the Dutch educational system.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12248 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12248 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.