Working on practical solutions
To prepare for this Game Technology programme at the Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS), you will write a project proposal in which you summarise your ideas for a research project and demonstrate awareness of the current state of the field you wish to study. Together with your supervisor you will work on your project for a full year, allowing you to explore the subject matter in depth and create a meaningful contribution to your research field.
After your graduation you will be prepared for future positions such as a specialist in art, programming, or design and roles in R&D. These positions are not entry-level jobs, and a couple of years of work experience within the game industry is essential. This master’s programme offers you the possibility to achieve these positions more rapidly by providing you with thorough research skills and strong communication skills.
After your graduation you are entitled to the degree of Master of Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Industry partners asked us to train master’s students with high-level skills at researching, testing, and resolving contemporary issues related to the content, creation, and culture of video games. The gap between academic and applied knowledge offers great opportunities for those able to review academic literature to look for findings that could be applied to create practical applications.
- This course is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to gain the very sought-after research skills that the industry is focusing on more and more, while becoming an expert in their chosen field, whether that be art, design, or programming.
- The Master Game Technology focuses on facilitating your growth in research and development with support from industry partners and expert lecturers from the game industry. Training in research methods allows you to develop deep insights into your chosen area of game development.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Video Games & Multimedia Human Computer Interaction View 3 other Masters in Video Games & Multimedia in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students are eligible if they hold a bachelor's degree in any relevant game development area, for example IT, programming, art, animation, design, and production.
International9416 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9416 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA1084 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1084 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Breda
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.