At Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) we offer a master degree in Geotechnics and Geohazards. Geohazards include landslides, rockslides, avalanches, earthquakes and tsunamis. Many lives could be saved and enormous destruction avoided if people knew more about geohazards forecasting and prevention.
- Within geotechnics, there has been a shortage of new candidates on the market for several years now.
- Both consulting companies and entrepreneurs are looking for more people with this type of competence.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Geotechnics, Field and Laboratory Investigations
- Theoretical Soil Mechanics
- Geohazards and Risk
- Engineering Geology and Tunnelling, Basic Course
- Foundations and Slopes
- Pavement Technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 8 other Masters in Geology in Norway
- A first degree (a bachelor's degree) in a relevant field.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at NTNU.
Living costs for Trondheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.