The Master of Science in Biotechnology at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) is aimed towards scientific research with focus on:
- cell- and molecular biology
One of the objectives is to give the students an in-depth understanding of the biological processes in bacteria, plants and animals and possible applications of these processes.
During the course of the study it will be placed emphasis on practical skills in central courses such as cell- and molecular biology, biochemistry and microbiology in addition to research training. The latter includes statement of testable hypotheses, strategies for testing, collecting data, and interpretation of the results. The master study contain a theoretical and methodical dimension that can be translated to other scientific areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Molecular Biology, Laboratory Course
- Experimental Cell and Molecular Biology
- Systems Biology: Resources, standards and tools
- Biotechnology and Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiotechnology Biochemistry View 5 other Masters in Biotechnology in Norway
One of the following requirements has to be fulfilled to qualify for admission to the programme:
- BSc in Cell- and Molecular biology
- BSc from Norwegian University Colleges within bioengineering (bioingeniørfag)
- BSc in Food Technology
- an education corresponding to 3 years of study at university level within the field of biotechnology or biochemistry
- BSc in other related areas may be considered on an individual basis
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.