Along with a solid grounding in the core principles of energy production, you’ll get detailed knowledge of renewable energy technologies and systems, including solar, wind, tidal, wave, hydro, geothermal, biomass and hydrogen.
You’ll also look at the economic and environmental impact of renewable systems and at the legislative, planning and technical considerations of integrating them into the power grid.
We offer two study options. You can choose 1 year full-time or 3 years via our distance learning programme.
This Renewable Energy Engineering programme from Brunel University London is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineering (IMechE) and the Energy Institute (EI), which means your postgraduate engineering degree will put you on course to gain Chartered Engineer (CEng) status in the UK.
Careers and your future
Our graduates are working worldwide in senior technical and management positions.
The primary destinations are manufacturing industries, energy and environmental consultancy companies, energy advice and research centres, academia, and national and international non-governmental organisations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Conversion Technologies
- Environmental Legislation: Energy and Environmental Review and Audit
- Renewable Energy Technologies - Solar Thermal and Electricity Systems
- Renewable Energy Technologies - Wind, Tidal, Wave, Hydroelectricity
- Renewable Energy Technologies - Geothermal, Biomass, Hydrogen
- Renewable Energy Systems for the Built Environment
- Power Generation from Renewable Energy
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 130 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering with any relevant work experience.
- Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
International19855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19855 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Distance learning fees:
- £895 per 15 credit module
- £3,580 for a 60 credit dissertation
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.