Within this programme, we focus on operative and strategic controlling, on financial accounting standards and auditing procedures, and on corporate taxation, taxation of international business or business reorganisations. You can combine fundamental and elective courses to specialise in managerial accounting, financial accounting or business taxation. You will gain deep knowledge in the field of accounting and taxation.
In addition, you can select a minor specialisation out of a wide range of courses from the WiSo Faculty. Typical minor specialisations are finance, tax law or a full semester abroad.
Individual combination of courses is extremely helpful for gaining personalised competences for your future job or for pursuing an academic career. Specialisation is possible to fulfill requirements of specific job profiles in controlling, accounting and auditing, or tax management and tax advisory.
Career OpportunitiesSkills acquired in the Business Administration - Accounting and Taxation program from University of Cologne prepare you for future line and staff positions with respect to a broad set of accounting and tax related tasks. Potential employers range from start-ups to large, global corporations and consulting, audit and tax-advisory firms.
You will leave the University of Cologne successfully prepared for a career in companies, consulting, audit or tax-advisory firms– within enterprises or as certified public accountant or tax advisor.Exemplary job opportunities include:
- Controlling and Management
- Financial Manager
- Management Consultant
- Certified Public Accountant („Wirtschaftsprüfer“)
- Certified Tax Advisor (“Steuerberater“)
- Trainee Programmes
- Academic Research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managerial Accounting &
- Financial Accounting & Auditing
- Business Taxation & Tax Law
- Value-based Controlling
- Financial Accounting
- Taxation offered by Adjunct
- Faculty with Professional
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Taxation View 4 other Masters in Taxation in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent (worth at least 180 ECTS credits) in Business Administration or Economics, strong proficiency
- in quantitative methods and an overall grade point average of at least 2.7 (German grade). Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 78 ECTS credits in the field of Business Administration and Economics
- of this at least 48 ECTS credits in Business Administration
- of this at least 18 ECTS credits in Economics
- At least 15 ECTS credits in Statistics and/or Mathematics
- English language skills level B2 CEFR
- German language skills level C1 CEFR
- The successful completion of an admission test (TM-WiSo/ GMAT) is highly recommended.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fees.
Each semester, all enrolled students of the University of Cologne have to pay a social fee ("Semesterbeitrag").
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.