Contemporary public health practice requires practitioners to be adaptable and flexible, with broad experience of a range of subject areas.
Our PHPD courses will equip you with:
- the skills and knowledge to apply to public health concerns at local, national and international level;
- the ability to apply relevant theory and scientific principles to practical situations;
- the capability of meeting core-competencies in public health;
- research skills such as epidemiology, biostatistics and qualitative research methods.
You can take our PHPD Personal Professional Development (Public Health and Primary Care) course from The University of Manchester as part of a personal career development programme, or if you are considering a substantive degree in public health and have been out of education for some time.
Both distance and blended learning options are available to help you fit study around your other commitments.
Most of our students complete professional development units while working in a wide variety of jobs and sectors, eg local authority and public health bodies.
Some use their experience and qualifications to help them move into predominantly public health-related roles.
Other students - such as health promotion staff, GPs, hospital doctors, pharmacists, infection control nurses, therapists, community workers, lay people, managers and researchers - undertake the course to improve their public health skills and expertise to apply within their own profession and setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Guideline Development and Implementation
- Oral Health & Disease in Populations
- Implementing Strategy in Dental Services
- Health Promotion Theory & Methods
- Evidence Based Practice
- Engaging the Hard to Reach for Health Gain
- Health Economics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Apply as early as possible as our courses are popular.
DisciplinesPublic Health Counselling View 165 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- We will consider applications demonstrating professional experience related to these Public Health Professional Development courses.
- International students must demonstrate English proficiency through a secure and approved testing system. We ask for English language proof from applicants from countries that are not majority English-speaking countries
International1900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Modular (part-time distance learning)
- UK students (per annum): £950 per 15 credits
- International students (per annum): £1,900 per 15 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.