The Bioscience Engineering - Agro- and Ecosystems Engineering at KU Leuven provides in-depth knowledge of the functioning and management of natural and production-oriented ecosystems. You complement the interdisciplinary core programme with a major specialisation in one out of four different domains: (i) plant production systems, (ii) agricultural and resource economics, (iii) soil and water systems and (iv) forest, nature and landscape systems.
The interdisciplinary nature of ACE ensures that you are prepared to enter any of the various professional fields related to biological production systems and ecosystem management, with particular emphasis on plant production, natural resource economics and policy, sustainable environmental management, and applications of earth observation and geomatics.
Abundant employment opportunities exist in public sector organisations, both nationally and internationally, NGOs and private companies. You will be qualified to fill technical-, research- and/or policy/ management-oriented positions. Finally, this MSc programme provides excellent preparation for undertaking PhD research.
In Belgium, graduates of the ACE programme are entitled to use the professional title of 'Bio-ingenieur' ('Bioscience Engineer').
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth Observation
- European Perspectives on Religion and Meaning
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Global Biogeochemical Cycles
- Environmental and Resource Economics I
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Agriculture View 5 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This programme is open to any applicant holding an academic bachelor's degree in engineering (bioscience engineering, agricultural engineering, environmental engineering, or any equivalent engineering degree), and to applicants holding other bachelor's or master's degrees encompassing thorough coursework in mathematics, statistics, physics, chemistry, and basic engineering courses; and at least one of the following two domains (i) Earth and environmental sciences, and (ii) biology and ecology. This degree should be obtained at a recognized university, college or institute, with an end result of at least second class upper or equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA961 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 961 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leuven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.