About this Degree
The PGCert in Nanotechnology at the University of Oxford is a unique, mainly online, part-time course aimed at professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds who wish to learn more about the foundations of nanotechnology, technological advances and the applications it enables.
The course has been developed to introduce fundamental material essential to the understanding of nanotechnology. Its content has been designed to enhance career development that is recognised and accepted within industry, and there are opportunities to access cutting-edge research and current practice in a wide range of nanotechnology topics.
The online components of this course can be taken from anywhere in the word by those seeking a solid foundation in nanotechnology. Its modular structure provides flexibility while a tutor-led approach lends cohesion and depth to the distance learning experience which has been tailored to enable busy people in full-time employment to study.
This flexible programme is delivered by Begbroke Science Park and the Department for Continuing Education. The online components are delivered through a bespoke virtual learning environment and Adobe Connect, which are supported by a dedicated IT support helpdesk.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The three modules are:
- The Wider Context of Nanotechnology
- The Fundamental Science of Nanotechnology
- Fundamental Characterisation for Nanotechnology
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Molecular Sciences Health Sciences View 1736 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours in a mathematical or physical sciences discipline, eg mathematics, materials science, physics, chemistry, or engineering.
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in biology, pharmacy, medicine or business must demonstrate at least A-level (or equivalent) knowledge in mathematics and physics.
- Alternatively, students will have some practical experience in related fields. This experience would be demonstrated by publications or approximately five years of employment in a related field.
- For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA normally sought is 3.6 out of 4.0.
International9129 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9129 GBP per year during 10 months.
National9129 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9129 GBP per year during 10 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.