- This Radiation Safety course from the University College Dublin will attract participants from a variety of backgrounds and training. Radiation safety officers are employed in the medical, biomedical and industrial sectors and professional training is required by law. At present, UCD is the only institution to offer this training online in Ireland.
- Covers contemporary radiation safety issues for industry, medical and biomedical applications. Introduces radiation workers to the principles of the physics of radiation safety and the application of these principles.Provides the necessary tools for those who will become trainers in radiation protection and in the safe use of radiation sources in their profession.
- Students who have completed this course find themselves in a good position to apply for jobs in the radiation safety sector, both medical and industrial.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Units of radiation exposure and dose
- Biological effects of ionising radiationRadiation detection and measurement
- Legal issues and international framework in radiation safety
- Assessment of internal and external exposures
- Protection against occupational exposure
- Emergency planning; non-ionising radiation.
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
- Each module is worth a specified number of credits. Upon successful completion of an individual module you will have earned a number of credits (usually a multiple of 5). Upon successful completion of a pre-specified collection of modules you will have completed a course and earned a qualification.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Public Health Health Sciences View 51 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry requirements comprise an undergraduate degree in a related field, however those with sufficient work experience will be considered for the course.
International2400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 EUR per year during 4 months.
EU/EEA965 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 965 EUR per year during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.