You can choose between the flexible route (offering a wide choice of modules to suit your needs) and the more focused information security and forensics route, networking route or software engineering route (which enable you to develop in-depth specialist knowledge). All four routes finish with a substantial independent project that will either have a professional or research orientation.
Key features of the Computing programme from The Open University UK
- Brings together theory and practice and draws on your own background and experience.
- Enables you to tailor your studies to your specific career needs and professional interests.
- Provides an excellent platform for further research studies.
The modules in the postgraduate computing programme are for professional computer specialists, engineers, technical managers and scientists who need to update their skills and knowledge in specific areas, and gain recognised qualifications to develop their careers. They have been developed to combine theoretical and practical aspects of computing, to enable you to become an effective professional in the computing industry.
In addition they aim to encourage you, through the provision of appropriate educational activities, to develop study and transferable skills applicable to your employment and your continuing professional development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Data management
- Digital forensics
- Information security
- Project management
- Software development
- Software engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Human Computer Interaction View 30 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To start this MSc, you will need a UK bachelors degree (or equivalent) in computing or a related discipline, or relevant industrial experience. If you do not hold a bachelors degree, irrespective of your industrial experience, you will need to study a module from the Postgraduate Certificate in Computing (K22) to demonstrate your ability to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- Your spoken and written English must be of an adequate standard for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you will need a minimum overall score of 6 and minimum score of 5.5 in each of the four components: reading, writing, speaking and listening under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
International11825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11825 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA11825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11825 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
- The total cost you pay for your qualification is dependent on the modules you choose to study. With us, you pay for your modules as you study them, rather than the whole qualification up front.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.