You will gain advanced knowledge in the areas of:
- international criminal law
- the laws of armed conflict
- humanitarian intervention and post-conflict reconstruction
- international development and globalisation
- refugee and migrant law
- the promotion and application of human rights as part of legal reform in the developing world.
Our teaching staff are active in original and internationally-recognised research. They encourage you to get involved in their respective areas of expertise by teaching specialist modules and by supervising dissertations in their specialist subjects.
Graduates from the Human Rights Law programme at the Oxford Brookes University succeed across an impressive range of careers from policy makers and human rights activists through to high flying diplomats and commercial lawyers. LLM staff can advise you and direct you to possible careers and employers depending on your particular needs and ambitions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Law
- International Human Rights Law: Law and Institutions
- International Human Rights Law: Law and Practice
- Advanced Legal Research Methods
- International Criminal Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 133 other Masters in Civil & Private Law in United Kingdom
- Students will normally be required to have (or to be expecting) a good honours degree, or an equivalent degree awarded by a university outside the United Kingdom.
- The degree may be in Law or in a related discipline. We welcome applications from both non-Law graduates and work experience-based candidates.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.