You will produce professional reports and assessments. And undertake monitoring of species and communities. You will also gain essential skills for conservation practitioners, for example:
- knowledge of international and national wildlife legislation
- planning law and environmental policy
- IT competencies, including Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- an understanding of the ecological requirements of different species and the implications of environmental change
- an ability to statistically interpret field data
Graduates of the Conservation Ecology programme at the Oxford Brookes University gain employment primarily with environmental consultancies or agencies, conservation organisations and charities, or continue academic research as PhD students. Some of our past students are currently working for:
- environmental consultants
- the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB)
- the Environment Agency
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- Natural England
- conservation organisations overseas
More informationVisit official programme website
- Taxonomy and Identification
- Ecology for Conservation
- Ecosystem Degradation and Management
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Career Development and Research Skills
- Molecular Biology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Ecology View 58 other Masters in Ecology in United Kingdom
- Applicants are usually expected to have (or be about to attain) at least a second class honours degree in a related scientific subject from a recognised institution of higher education.
- If you do not have these academic qualifications, you could still be offered a place on this course if you can show evidence of the potential to succeed based on professional and/or related experiences.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.