Media Arts and Practices from University of Nova Gorica is systematically developed, individually mentored and collectively reviewed within the compulsory Progress Track module which runs parallel with the Carrier Modules in the first three semesters, and where students regularly present and discuss with mentors and peers their personal (portfolio) as well as master thesis project progression.
Students at Media Arts and Practices from University of Nova Gorica will:
- acquire particular practice and theory-based skills and knowledge in the selected area (animation, film, contemporary art practices, new media, photography, or scenographic spaces) and their interconnections
- autonomously develop and manage own role and competences in a collective learning setting and in the individual master project, applying the developed roles and competences constructively and collaboratively within site-specific, topic-relevant production environments, nurturing a culture of continuous and strategic competency development.
- acquire and/or upgrade self-defined discursive skills and specific theoretical (history, criticism) and project-management related knowledge, along with practical skills related to field-specific methodology and technology, evaluating all of these against other components of competence in the field, and reflects on their interconnections
- Discourses in Practice
- Progress Track
- Selections in Practice
- Techniques in Practice
- CM Animation
- CM Contemporary Art Practices
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Nova Gorica and/or in Slovenia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 1st cycle degree (180 ECTS)
- Assessment of artistic ability for the Media Arts and Practices programme passed. Certificate of artistic ability is valid only for the current study year.
- The general minimum level of English language skills required is B2 (in accordance with CEFR).
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Nova Gorica
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.