- Are you passionate about digging deeper into visual culture?
- Do you want the time, support and skills to carry out research?
The Visual Culture programme offered at the University of Nottingham is ideal if:
- you cannot commit to a PhD but still have a topic you want to research further
- your topic doesn't require three-years of PhD study
- you want to develop your research and academic skills before starting a PhD
We specialise in four main areas.
- Nineteenth-century art and cultural exchange
- Collecting, reception and revival
- Photography, film and spectatorship
- Politics and identity
Careers and professional development
Typically, our students are in great demand for their extensive knowledge and skills. Recent destinations include:
Galleries, museums, collections
- Art Institute of Chicago
- Palace Museum, Beijing
- Thyssen-Bornemisza Art Contemporary
- Sotheby's London
- Christie's New York
- National Trust
- Contemplate Digital (SEO agency)
- Universidad Technologica de Boliva
- Critical Approaches to Art History and Visual Culture
- Art and Spectatorship
- Image and Identity
- Landscape, Space, Place
- Visualising Conflict
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
For postgraduate courses not starting in fall, the deadline is typically six weeks before the course start date.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 627 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (or international equivalent) in art history or a related subject.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
- IELTS: 7.0 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National4850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.