Would you like to know more about our master programmes and discover all the opportunities offered by Iscte Business School? Then, don't miss the live webinar on master applications! It will take place on January 28, from 12:00 - 13:00 (GMT) - Register Now!
7 Reasons for Choosing the Master in Finance at Iscte Business School
1. Don’t miss the opportunity of being part of one of the most reputed Finance programs in Europe
- Ranked 29º in its category, among the Top 200 Best Masters Programs, in Western Europe in 2018/2019 (Eduniversal Ranking);
- Ranked 27th best Master in Finance in the world in 2018 by the Financial Times
2. Learn from the best industry practices
- Interact regularly with reputed practitioners who will offer their vision and experience in a series of workshops aimed at discussing and analyzing the different areas of the finance industry;
- Partnership with CFA - the partnership with CFA aligns the Master in Finance Program with the CFA® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge® syllabus. You are able to complete your Master and prepare for the CFA® Program at the same time. You will also be able to apply for CFA exam scholarships;
- Among European schools, Iscte Business School has one of the most comprehensive financial databases - a resource that includes free access to Wharton Research Data Services, Compustat, Worldscope, CRSP and more complete information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters;
- Regular presentations made by companies, workshops on financial information systems such as Bloomberg and Reuters, and case analyses.
3. Benefit from a reputed faculty, with a specialized and flexible learning style
- The faculty of Iscte Business School has authored more than 100 books in different management disciplines, many of which are now required reading at other Portuguese universities;
- There is a close working relationship between students and faculty and students benefit from weekly contact hours, continual email contact and a sustained relationship with the faculty throughout their professional lives;
- The emphasis of the Program is specialization and flexibility. Half of the courses are electives, which allows you to better tailor the Program to your own career objectives;
- Cutting-edge knowledge of finance in classes that teach you how to apply what you have learned.
4. Thrive in a welcoming culture where personal development and creativity are encouraged
- Participate on the personal development programme (PdP) that enables students to discover their leadership qualities and creativity;
- The welcome week allows you to engage in networking, team-building and idea-sharing from day one of the course. This spirit is reinforced year-round with a host of other activities;
- Mentoring program - with their mentors, students have the opportunity to discuss their academic progress and career prospects, and benefit from their recognized professional experience;
- Since not all degree candidates have the same academic and professional backgrounds, students can attend an optional introductory term with of Fundamentals of Computational Finance. This special module will provide students with several tools so they can tackle some of the more demanding courses within this master program.
5. See your merit recognized and rewarded throughout the program
- Award for the best MSc in Finance Student (sponsored by Ernst & Young)
- Award for the best candidates
- Teaching and Research Assistant Program aimed at the best students of the 1st Year of the Master's Program
6. A truly international outlook
- Residential stay at the University of Delaware (United States) that gives you the opportunity to have direct contact with companies and institutions in the local financial industry, including visits to the New York Stock Exchange and Bloomberg;
- Possibility of doing a Double Degree - it allows students to graduate with two diplomas from two Universities (Iscte and a partner university). For the Msc in Finance, the partner universities are:
- KEDGE Business School in France (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA accredited);
- Universitas Gadjah Mada in Indonesia (AACSB accredited);
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics in China (EQUIS acrredited);
- Florida International University - USA (AACSB accredited).
- Possibility of doing an exchange / Erasmus program with our partner universities.
7. Get excited with the program’s career prospects
- Our career services will support you with counselling, access to opportunities, the IBS Career Forum and presentations in class by companies;
- Employment rate of 100% up to 6 months after completion of Programme;
- The sectors most represented in the recruit of master's graduates are the Industry & Energy, Consulting & Audit and Information Technology;
- Close contact with a large pool of successful alumni now working for high-profile national and international companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Options
- Futures, Forwards and Swaps
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Seminars in Finance Projects
Students can choose one of the following areas of expertise:
- Risk Management
- Financial Engineering
- Asset and Liability Management
- Portfolio Management
- Free elective
- Corporate Valuation
- Real Options
- Corporate Finance Strategy
- Corporate Financial Modelling
- Free elective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 3 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This master is designed for high-caliber students and taught in English, in a multicultural environment. Therefore, candidates should have proficiency in the English language.
Applications are exclusively submitted online, on Iscte’s website. On the online application form, candidates will have to type in some information (e.g. regarding education, work experience, motivation, etc.) and upload the following documents:
- Diploma/Transcript of Records from the bachelor's degree awarded by a university or institution of higher education;
- ID card/Passport;
- Certificate or proof of passing any CFA Level exam (optional). A GMAT/GRE waiver is granted automatically to all candidates who have passed CFA Level II at the time of application;
- Results of GMAT or GRE exams (optional).
Candidates still concluding their bachelor degree must also add:
- Declaration of Commitment (download available on the application form);
- Transcript of Records with current grading.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7900 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.