Developments in transport shape the world we live in and influence communities’ economic and social wellbeing. Transporting people and goods provides a serious challenge for politicians, transport planners and engineering specialists.
During your studies in Transport Planning and Engineering at the Edinburgh Napier University you will examine the major transport issues facing society and learn the main techniques applied in analysing and resolving transport problems.
You will gain an understanding of transport systems through studying issues such as transport modelling and appraisal techniques from a theoretical and practical perspective. You will also learn how to develop effective transport strategies to address a range of different scenarios.
Your studies will also benefit from our excellent links with industry and the transport research community, allowing you to gain a good understanding of the profession from industry-relevant teaching, guest lecturers and by engaging with transport practitioners and researchers.
Part-time and distance learning options allow those working in the industry to expand their professional capabilities and meet the educational requirements for chartership.
This industry accredited qualification offers good career prospects, especially as there is an increasing demand for transport planning graduates in the UK.
On completing the course, you will go on to a career in one of the major transport consultancies, a local authority or a government agency.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Public Transport
- Traffic Engineering Design
- Transport Demand Management and Road Safety
- Transport Economics and Appraisal
- Transport Policy
- Transport and Traffic Models
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesEconomics Transport Management Transportation Engineering View 50 other Masters in Transportation Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The entry requirement for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in Civil Engineering, Social Sciences, Geography, or Maths in order to be eligible for the programme. In addition, a sufficient level of mathematical ability is also required.
- We may also consider lesser qualifications if you have sufficient professional work experience within the industry.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15945 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15945 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National6720 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6720 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £1,020/module
- Overseas and EU: £2,390/module
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.