The MEd Autism at The University of Strathclyde is suitable for students looking to pursue part-time study in this area. It's ideal for those seeking a qualification whilst working that will enhance professional practice.
This knowledge will enable you to translate theory into practice and to critically evaluate evidence-based approaches to intervention. Our philosophy that autistic people require a holistic approach throughout their life journey means you can draw upon experiences of our multi-professional student cohort. Our students include leading professionals, students on the spectrum and those with dual professional-parental experiences. Your learning will be inspired from input provided by internationally respected autism experts.
The course is available part-time, both on campus and via distance learning, for:
- medical & healthcare staff
- educational psychologists
- speech & language therapists
- residential, community care or social work staff
- voluntary sector personnel
The course aims to promote effective practice and develop empathy and understanding of the needs of individuals with autism and their families and carers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conceptual frameworks in Autism
- Responding to the impact of Autism
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Research methods
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 23 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A good Bachelor (Hons) degree in a related discipline and direct experience of living or working with individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Experience is essential as students must demonstrate theory to practice links.
International1644 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1644 GBP per module during 36 months.
National788 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 788 GBP per module during 36 months.
- per 20 credit module
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.