The Postgraduate Certificate in Planning from Massey University is the first half of the Postgraduate Diploma in Planning. When you graduate from this programme, you could have the opportunity to go on to the Postgraduate Diploma in Planning. You could also go on to the internationally recognised professional qualification – the Master of Resource and Environmental Planning.
You can study in block mode and by distance learning using Massey’s online learning platform. You can complete your studies while still working, which can reduce the financial strain of making a career change.
Graduates of this programme typically works in:
- private consulting firms
- regional councils
- environmental and other non-governmental organisations
- city/district councils
- central government (e.g. Ministry for the Environment, Department of Conservation, New Zealand Transport AgencyWaka Kotahi)
- international humanitarian and aid organisations.
- Policy Analysis and Evaluation Techniques
- Planning Law
- Planning Theory
- Urban Planning and Development
- Natural Resource Planning
- Professional Practice
- Long-Term Community Planning
- Planning History: From Town Planning to Resource Management
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development View 8 other Masters in International Development in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the Postgraduate Certificate in Planning you will have been awarded or qualified for a bachelor’s degree.
- You will need to provide verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University.
- If English is not your first language and your admission qualification was not completed at a university where English is the medium of instruction, you shall have achieved an IELTS of at least seven with no band less than six within the preceding five years.
International25585 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25585 USD per year during 6 months.
National5310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5310 USD per year during 6 months.
- Domestic students: $7,409.30 - $9,623.00
- International students: $36,810.00
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.