The Postgraduate Certificate in Planning from Massey University is the first half of the Postgraduate Diploma in Planning.
When you graduate from this programme, you could have the opportunity to go on to the Postgraduate Diploma in Planning or the internationally recognised professional qualification the Master of Resource and Environmental Planning.
You can study in block mode and by distance learning using online learning platform. You can complete your studies while still working, which can reduce the financial strain of making a career change.
- Policy Analysis and Evaluation Techniques
- Planning Law
- Planning Theory
- Urban Planning and Development
- Natural Resource Planning
- Professional Practice
- GIS Principles and Applications
- Assessing Environmental Impacts: Principles and Practice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development
- meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
- have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent.
- In all cases, if English is not the applicant's first language and the admission qualification was not completed at a University where English is the medium of instruction, the applicant shall have achieved an IELTS of at least 7 with no band less than 6 within the preceding five years.
International19693 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19693 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National4324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4324 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!