This MSc Quantity Surveying programme at University College of Estate Management will give you an informed view of the key areas of knowledge required to develop your quantity surveying skills including cost management, contract practice and procedures, procurement and building economics. There is also a research project which will provide an in-depth assessment of a topic of your choice.
Our MSc Quantity Surveying is a fully supported online programme that offers great flexibility for you to earn while you learn and study where ever you are based in the world. Many of our students already work in, or are associated with, the property and building sectors.
Why study this programme?
This is one of a suite of MSc conversion programmes that enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Real Estate and Construction to obtain an RICS/CIOB accredited degree, giving access to professional membership.
- Study an RICS accredited programme whilst working towards your APC (for those in relevant employment)
- Allows entry to CIOB Chartered membership
- Allows entry to CABE Chartered membership
- Allows entry to ICES Chartered membership
- Allows entry to HKICM membership
- Enrich your CV with MSc designatory letters
- Build your career by specialising in quantity surveying and contract cost management
This Programme equips students with the essential subject knowledge and postgraduate skills and expertise to enable them to work within the quantity surveying areas of practice in the built environment. The opportunities available are extensive and include diverse career specialisms for students to pursue after completing this programme. Students typically find employment in the private and public sector firms, contracting companies and developers. In addition, students have opportunities to work in an international environment.
The following provide a range of the types of work that students undertake whilst/after completing this programme; quantity surveying, cost consultancy, project management, contract administration, contractor surveying, commercial management of construction and facilities management.
- Sustainable & Innovative Construction
- Contract Administration & Practice
- Professional Cost Management
- Management of Construction
- Law for Surveyors
- Building Economics
- Procurement & Tendering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 35 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, plus experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years’ relevant experience
- A professional qualification plus five years’ relevant experience
And one of the following:
- Grade C or above in English (Language or Literature) at GCSE or its equivalent
You will need a computer and access to the internet.
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
£1,125 per module x 8 modules (usually students undertake 2 modules per semester).
This programme is designated for Student Finance and students in England and Wales may apply for a Postgraduate Loan. Eligible students can apply for funding for up to £5,304.50 each academic year. The loan is then paid in three instalments throughout the academic year.
This programme is now registered with the Skills Funding Agency for Professional and Career Development Loans.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!