In this Social Analysis programme at Örebro University , you will acquire advanced knowledge and skills in social analysis. Through developing advanced methodological and analytical knowledge and skills, you will be able to study many important contemporary global and local social problems and risks.
You will acquire knowledge of construction of social problems, and gain insight into and develop knowledge and reflexive skills with regard to the construction and perception of social problems, as well as to the way in which scientific problems relate to various social issues.
The role of social science in society is discussed and your studies will contribute to an understanding of the possibilities and limitations in terms of resolving or dealing with various social problems.
Moreover, the programme provides advanced training in the relationship between methodology and research design, as well as in how to conduct and evaluate analysis in research.
Advanced skills in social analysis are sought after both in the public and private sectors, nationally and internationally. Such knowledge and skills can be used for research and development, evaluations, market analysis, gender impact assessment, risk analysis and project management.
This programme will equip you with knowledge and skills enabling you to work as a social analyst, and the prerequisites needed for further studies in doctoral programmes. The programme is taught in English since skills in communicating science in English are increasingly crucial on the international labour market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social analysis: Theory and Method
- Sociology, Independent Project - Thesis
- Media and Communication Studies, Independent Project - Thesis
- Human Geography, Independent Project - Thesis
- Political Science, Independent Project - Thesis
- Gender Studies, Independent Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Informatics & Information Sciences Business Intelligence & Analytics View 6 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree of at least 180 credits with sociology, gender studies, human geography, media and communication studies, social anthropology, social work, political science or equivalent (including an independent project of at least 15 credits) as the main field of study.
- The applicant must also have qualifications corresponding to the course "English 6" or "English B" from the Swedish Upper Secondary School.
- For more information on how to document your English language qualifications, see University Admissions in Sweden.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6561 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6561 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Tuition fee, first instalment: 33950 SEK
- Total fee: 67900 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.