Building Surveying is a growing, international, professional discipline dealing with the inspection, maintenance and refurbishment of existing buildings.
Accredited by globally-renowned professional bodies RICS, CIOB and CABE, this programme is designed to enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Construction and Real Estate to obtain an accredited degree covering the core technical disciplines of the Building Surveying specialism and their role within the wider context of Built Environment professional disciplines.
The MSc Building Surveying at the University College of Estate Management is a fully supported online programme that offers great flexibility for you to earn while you learn and study wherever you are based in the world. Many of our students already work in, or are associated with, the property and building sectors.
Why study with UCEM?
- UCEM is the leading provider of supported online education for the Built Environment
- Our programmes are recognised and accredited by professional bodies – including RICS, CIOB, CABE, ICES and HKICM – enabling students to progress to professional membership and gain Chartered status
- You will be supported every step of the way by our Tutors, who are experienced practitioners in their respective fields, and our Matrix-accredited professional support staff
- Designed for busy working professionals, supported online education offers the flexibility to fit your studies around your work enabling you to fast-track your career and directly apply your learning to your work
- UCEM programmes offer a range of modules that allow you to choose a specialism to support your career path
- Our supported online education model provides access to all your learning materials wherever you are in the world. If your work requires you to change location or travel, you can take us with you
This programme is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Chartered Association of Building Engineers (CABE) and Hong Kong Institute of Construction Managers (HKICM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable and Innovative Construction
- Costing & Contracts
- Planning & Development
- Property Management
- Management of Construction
- Building Control & Inspection
- Law for Surveyors
- Maintenance and Adaptation of Buildings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 42 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2) and three years’ experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree, plus experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus 5 years’ relevant experience
- A professional qualification plus 5 years’ relevant experience, two of which should be at appropriate senior management level.
International4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.