Building Surveying is a growing, international, professional discipline dealing with the inspection, maintenance and refurbishment of existing buildings.
The MSc Building Surveying is a fully supported online programme that offers great flexibility for you to earn while you learn and study wherever you are based in the world. Many of our students already work in, or are associated with, the property and building sectors.
The MSc Building Surveying programme at University College of Estate Management benefits from a range of contemporary, well-supported teaching and learning techniques, including practical project work to improve your career prospects in the public and commercial sectors throughout the UK and overseas.
Why study this programme?
This is one of a suite of MSc conversion programmes designed to enable graduates from disciplines unrelated to Construction and Real Estate to obtain an RICS/CIOB accredited degree, giving access to professional membership.
- Gain expertise in the core technical knowledge and skills required for the Building Surveying profession
- Develop your true leadership potential
- Achieve your ambitions for a Master’s Degree with a leading provider that allows you to work and study through a fully supported online programme of study
- After successfully completing your degree, you are able to proceed to RICS Assessment of Professional Competence to gain Chartered status
An RICS-accredited Master’s degree in Building Surveying from UCEM is recognised worldwide, leading to employment opportunities wherever you are or may wish to be. Access to the MSc course does not require an accredited construction-related degree; it will provide the additional knowledge and skills necessary for your progress to chartered status as a Building Surveyor.
The Careers Service at UCEM can assist with the wider career pathways available via an MSc, with organisations in both the public and private sector seeking qualified surveyors and project managers.
- Sustainable and Innovative Construction
- Costing & Contracts
- Planning & Development
- Property Management
- Management of Construction
- Building Control & Inspection
- Law for Surveyors
- Maintenance and Adaptation of Buildings
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 35 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Entrants to this programme are normally* required to have attained one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree with honours at lower second standard (2:2), or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, plus experience in a relevant field
- A Level 5 qualification as defined by the Framework for Higher Education Qualifications for England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ) plus five years’ relevant experience
- A professional qualification plus five years’ relevant experience
- Grade C or above in English (Language or Literature) at GCSE or its equivalent
International4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
£1,125 per module x 8 modules (usually students undertake 2 modules per semester).
This programme is designated for Student Finance and students in England and Wales may apply for a Postgraduate Loan. Eligible students can apply for funding for up to £5,304.50 each academic year. The loan is then paid in three instalments throughout the academic year.
This programme is now registered with the Skills Funding Agency for Professional and Career Development Loans.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!