You will have access to a suite of high-quality, professional music studios approved by JAMES, the accrediting body of the Music Producers Guild and the Association of Professional Recording Services.
The Music for the Moving Image programme from Leeds Beckett University will give you the skills required to create high-quality music for the film, television and media industries. The experience you develop on the course working with a wide range of filmmakers combined with your online portfolio should help you to catch the eye of employers in these competitive industries. Working alongside other aspiring professionals in the University’s Northern Film School, your work could be promoted on the international film festival circuit, giving you the opportunity to develop your professional networks.
- Television Music Composer
- Film Score Composer
- Music Technologist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Composing for the Moving Image
- Analysis of Music for the Moving Image
- Collaborative Practice
- Audio Visual Practice
- Negotiated Skills Development
- Research Practice
- Final Individual Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Music View 371 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Music Production or Audio Technology, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference, either academic or professional; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £888 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.