Throughout the globe, the issues of water scarcity, water security, water economics and health and sanitation all rely on high-quality hydrogeology knowledge.
- non-governmental organisations
As part of the class Independent Study in Collaboration with Industry you undertake a work placement where you report to the offices of a hydrogeological organisation and actively contribute to one of their ongoing projects.
This is a very valuable experience for you as it allows you to work as hydrogeologists for a number of weeks exposing yourself to a working environment as well as allowing you to build up contacts within industry.
Graduates with an MSc in Hydrogeology are in very high demand as there is an expected shortage of hydrogeologists that will continue for the next decade.
Additionally, throughout the world, the issue of water scarcity, water security, water economics and health and sanitation all rely on high quality hydrogeology knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Aquifer Mechanics
- Contaminated Land
- Global Water Policy
- Groundwater Flow Modelling
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
- Site Investigation & Risk Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 212 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally, a first or upper second-class Honours degree from a UK university (or equivalent overseas qualification) in earth sciences, environmental sciences, civil engineering, environmental engineering, water engineering or other related disciplines.
- Lower degree classifications might be considered if there is strength elsewhere (for example, relevant work experience, excellent final project/dissertation, very strong academic letter of reference, very strong application statement linking with career goals).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8100 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
- £3,900 (Distance Learning per 60 credits)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.