The Statistics programme from University of Leeds combines in-depth training in mainstream advanced statistical modelling with a broad range of specialisations, including financial mathematics, clinical trials and risk management.
You’ll also develop your understanding of research methods in statistics from writing styles to programming skills, preparing you for a wide range of careers in different sectors. You’ll apply these skills in an independent research project.
There is a shortage of well-qualified statisticians in the UK and other countries. Numeracy, in general, is an attribute keenly sought after by employers. The emergence of data mining and analysis means that demand for statisticians is growing across a wide range of sectors, including:
- Actuarial, betting and gaming industries
- Charitable organisations
- Commercial, environmental and financial organisations
- Forensic and police investigation
- Government departments
- Market research
- Medical and pharmaceutical organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Statistical Computing
- Dissertation in Statistics
- Clinical Trials
- Health Data Science
- Further techniques in Health Data Analytics
- Modelling Strategies for Causal Inference with Observational Data
- Latent Variable Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Statistics Actuarial Science View 120 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a subject containing a substantial mathematical and statistical component.
- Successful applicants will have a foundation in Statistics including strong grades in statistical modules. We may ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript. We do not normally accept degrees in Accountancy or Finance.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.