Students of the National Security Studies at University of Haifa will examine the complex interrelationship between the social, political, ethical, diplomatic, economic and military dimensions of national security to create a comprehensive picture of the state of the nation.
Facing a long-standing challenge at the center of a mostly hostile regional environment, even decades before its establishment, Israel has accumulated the experience in dealing with national security issues and has developed a comprehensive approach in this field, combining academic theory with real-world constraints.
What will you study
We strive to introduce students to the real-time dilemmas and choices of Israeli decision makers as well as high-ranking officials, in addition to examples of national security dilemmas from other national and regional conflicts.The curriculum also accentuates the broader fields of diplomacy, foreign policy, human rights and international crises management. The program targets mid-career officials, academics and students from Israel and around the world, as well as retired and active members of defense and foreign affairs establishments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The National Security of Israel
Legal and Ethical Aspects of National Security
Approaches to Political Science
Intelligence and National Security
Management of Economic Statecraft
Management of Geopolitical Risks and Opportunities in a Global World
The Evolution of War: The Information and Cyber Age
Managing the Democratic State: Dilemmas of Policy and Security
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPolitical Science Terrorism & Security Cyber Security
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An undergraduate degree in political sciences from an accredited university in Israel or abroad, diploma and transcript with a minimum of GPA B (80)
- Candidates with an undergraduate degree in history or social sciences are also eligible and will be required to complete two introductory courses before the first semester of the program:
- Introduction to International Relations
- Introduction to Government and Politics
- TOEFL scores (if native language is not English or candidates have not previously studied at an institution of higher education where the language of instruction is English). A minimum of 570 (paper-based test); 230 (computer-based test) or 89 (internet-based test)
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Personal Statement
- Copy of valid passport and six passport-sized photos
- Medical Forms
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9980 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Haifa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- University of Haifa Need-Based Scholarship
- Fulbright MA Degree Fellowships
- U.S. Federal Aid - Master's Programs Applicants
- MASA Israel Scholarship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.