This Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory (ALGANT) programme from University of Bordeaux may be completed throughout Europe and the world, thanks to a partnership between leading research universities. The ALGANT course introduces students to the latest developments within these subjects, and provides the best possible preparation for their forthcoming doctoral studies.
The ALGANT program consists mainly of advanced courses within the field of mathematics and of a research project or internship leading to a Master thesis. Courses are offered in: algebraic geometry, algebraic and geometric topology, algebraic and analytic number theory, coding theory, combinatorics, complex function theory, cryptology, elliptic curves, manifolds. Students are encouraged to participate actively in seminars.
The university partners offer compatible basic preparation in the first year (level 1), which then leads to a complementary offer for more specialized courses in the second year (level 2).
Strengths of this Master program?
- Courses given by academic experts within the field of mathematics.
- Individually tailored study tracks.
- Top-quality scientific environment and facilities provided by leading global research institutes, e.g. Institut de Mathématiques de Bordeaux.
- Supported by the International Master program of the Bordeaux Initiative of Excellence.
After this Master program?
- Students who successfully complete the ALGANT program will be well equipped to pursue a career in research by preparing a Ph.D.
- Graduates may also directly apply for positions as highly trained mathematicians, especially in the areas of cryptography, information security and numerical communications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modules and quadratic spaces
- Group theory
- Complex analysis
- Functional analysis
- Number theory
- Spectral theory and distributions
- Probability and statistics
- Algebra and formal computations
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor degree of Science in Mathematics or an equivalent degree.
- Language requirements: A good level of English is required.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.