International professionals in tourism can make a difference. A difference between profit and loss, between chaos and structure, a difference for tourists as well as locals. The tourist industry at tourism destinations is looking for well educated professionals. In this Master Tourism Destination Management at Breda University of Applied Sciences (BUAS) , you learn to analyse, interpret and apply global developments and translate these into new opportunities.
Tourism has developed into a dynamic and fast growing sector, creating an interdisciplinary field of study and research. The tourism industry offers economic benefits, growth and opportunities for people and businesses in destination areas. At the same time, matching demand - from tourists in the areas of origin - and supply - at the tourism destinations - remains a challenge.
After your master
Graduates of the Master Tourism Destination Management are entitled to the degree of Master of Arts and qualified for international policy and advisory positions, international management positions and research positions.
Graduates of the Master Tourism Destination Management qualify for:
International policy and advisory positions
- international advisory functions related to feasibility analysis of investment projects, business strategy and market penetration or development
- public strategic functions in the field of development and management of (tourism) destination areas
- advisory and management functions in the field of visitor management in urban areas, theme parks and nature reserves
- strategic advisory functions
International management positions
- international (growth related) management functions in internationally operating businesses (like service companies, hotel chains, tour operators, airlines)
- international marketing management functions, with destination management organisations or (tourism) marketing consultancy agencies
- international consultancy positions, either project-based or permanently in commercial consulting or international development organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Marketing, Context and Trends
- Destination Stakeholder Management
- Context Related Research
- Research Process & Methods
- Destination Development, Finance and Organisation
- Team Performance and Creative Leadership
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Please note, we recommend to enrol in time, also for EU/EEA students we suggest to enrol before the 1st of June, but preferably even sooner.
DisciplinesHospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 5 other Masters in Hospitality Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
If you want to apply for this master, you should have a bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc., BBA, B Com), for example in the fields of tourism, hotel management, international business, management, economics, law, e-commerce, urban development, geography, social sciences or finance.
Bachelor’s students with such a BBA degree are directly eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- knowledge (bachelor’s level) of tourism planning and development
- knowledge (bachelor’s level) of cross-cultural studies
- academic skills at bachelor’s level (e.g. methods and researching techniques)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10385 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10385 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.