- A well organised multilingual and intercultural study experience.
- A study programme in close collaboration with the research activities of the six Consortium members.
- Teaching in advanced materials, giving students innovative new ideas for their future careers.
- Preparation of students for life-long learning in different cultures and education/work environments.
- Better networking possibilities for research and education within the EU and with third countries.
Teaching and Research
The combined teaching and research programmes of the four Consortium members offer:
- A far greater variety of competences in the field of materials science and engineering than could be provided by a single university.
- Valuable opportunities for specialisation.
- A broad spectrum of research possibilities, from fundamental to industry-related research.
- The integration of different university profiles into one single study programme.
The Master in European Master in Materials Science and Engineering is offered at Saarland University
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Metallic Materials
- Polymers and Composites
- High Performing Surfaces
- Materials Engineering & Manufacturing Technologies
- Bio- and Nano- Materials
The AMASE programme is suitable for both European and Non-European B.Sc. graduates in Material Sciences or Engineering.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Regular optional meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Natural Sciences View 18 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BSc.- or equivalent in the field of Materials Science and Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or other engineering disciplines. You can apply even if you won’t have finished your studies within our application deadline.
- Good command of the language of the Entrance University is a precondition for the programme. It is advantageous that you also know the language of the Second University. If this is not the case, you should be willing to learn it.
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Saarbrücken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- DFH - Funding
- DAAD scholarships
- UdS mobil scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.