The international Master's programme in Innovation and Design has been developed in collaboration with stakeholders outside academia and is aimed to create a clear link to the labour market. You will acquire both theoretical and practical competencies, and learn about innovation management, design processes and communication in complex organisations.
The study programme includes qualitative research methods and skills in how to collaborate with partners outside the University in interdisciplinary projects.The programme itself is multidisciplinary, combining disciplines such as engineering, the social sciences and the humanities, as well as perspectives drawn from the arts. The courses help you to develop your capacity for multidisciplinary collaboration, both nationally and internationally. You will also develop your knowledge in an area defined by yourself within the field of innovation and design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Challenges in Innovation and Design,
- Project Management in Innovation and Design
- Research Methodology in Innovation and Design
- Early Phases of Innovation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Sustainable Development View 8 other Masters in Industrial Design in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to 180 credits, within the fields of innovation management, information design, product and production development, industrial economics and management, industrial design, engineering design, interaction design, mechanical engineering, or entrepeneurship.
- A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score of 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT) or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5 or equivalent is required.
International13843 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27686 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Total programme fee: 260,000 SEK
Mälardalen University scholarship programme
Every year Mälardalen University offers a limited numbers of scholarships to students applying for a Master's programme with us as their first choice.
The scholarship will cover 100% of the tuition fee of the programme as long as you follow the normal study plan (minimum 22.5 credits/semester, minimum 45 credits/academic year). The scholarship does not cover living expenses. If your status from being a fee-paying student to a non-paying student is changed during the study period of the programme you will no longer be granted the scholarship.Please note, if your application for scholarship is to be considered you must have applied for the programme at Mälardalen University as your first choice and submitted supporting documentation within deadlines. In addition the application fee must have been paid in time.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.