You'll get an understanding of the role management plays in the investigation, implementation and operation of manufacturing and service systems, providing you with a broad appreciation of material resource utilisation and recovery. You'll also get the knowledge you need to bridge the 'communication gap' between engineers and managers.
There's great demand in all industries for professionals with engineering management skills and expertise. After the course, you'll be able to take on technical and management roles in various industries.
You can start this course in October (full time or part time) or February (full time only).
On this course you'll:
- Develop an understanding of engineering management techniques, giving you the capability to take on technical and managerial roles within an environment of continual change
- Get an understanding of the role of management in the investigation, implementation and operation of manufacturing and service systems
- Study material resource utilisation and recovery and learn how to minimise waste in manufacturing
- Apply your skills to real problems as part of the department’s partnership scheme with local and global organisations
- Use our multi-platform suites and computer labs to enhance your learning experience
- Relate your final project to a current issue in industry
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the Engineering Management course at University of Portsmouth, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.What jobs can you do with an Engineering Management degree?
You could work in roles such as:
- business operations specialist
- project manager
- production engineer
- creative director
- quality assurance engineer
- production engineer
Graduates from similar courses have also set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Individual MSc Project
- Information Technology and Strategic Management
- Manufacturing System Design
- Operations and Quality Management
- Renewable Energy Management
- Strategies For Resource and Environmental Management
- Supply Chain Management
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology View 753 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.